Born in Italy, in a town at the foot of the Alps, on lake Como, I moved to the USA after marrying a US service man.
Creating art is an opportunity for me to explore my own reactions to the subjects I choose to portray. Subjects range from ordinary items of our everyday life, to creations of my fantasy or stored images from the past. Painting becomes the way I communicate my emotional response to what is before me or in my imagination and share my experience with others. My range of styles is somewhat eclectic. I love to explore and experiment with my art. I don t like to feel restricted within a single style, medium, or theme. The common factor in all my works is the use of intense and brilliant color.
100 FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I absolutely love animals.
2. I really like my name. Marina means “woman of the sea” in Italian.
3. My zodiac sign is Cancer.
4. I am extremely proud of my daughter. She is the best thing that ever happened to me.
5. My hair is naturally curly. I never blow dry it.
8. I have lived in Philadelphia. I now live in Virginia.
9. I studied languages in college (English and Spanish). I did not graduate.
10. I used to ski when I lived in Italy.
11. I drove my first motorcycle at 13.
12. I spent a summer vacation in the Greek islands.
13. I used to have a recurring dream involving a wolf wrapped in brown paper.
14. I greatly admire Ian Anderson of the Jethro Tull and Jimi Hendrix.
15. I have a hard time sleeping if the TV is off.
16. I have been selling on Ebay since 1998.
17. I am afraid of lightning.
19. I loathe sport on TV, beside skiing and the Olympic Games.
20. I used to want to visit the USA when I was a teenager.
21. Now I want to visit Italy every chance I get.
22. I like TV shows, the funny ones.
23. I like funny movies.
24. I enjoy most digitally animated movies, as i appreciate the work in them.
25. My favorite actors: Clint Eastwood, Jack Nicholson, Toni Shaloub
26. My favorite actress: Meryl Streep, Jennifer Lopez, Drew Barrymore.
27. Favorite movies: Madagascar, Cars, Monster Inc, Shreck, A Fish Called Wanda, I Love You To Death, 51 First Dates, Legally Blonde.
28. My favorite TV shows: Monk, The Closer, Saving Grace, Big Bang Theory.
29. I like bubble baths.
30. I like Mac computers and the iPhone.
31. I listen to different types of music.
32. I have 2 top favorites: 70’s rock and jazz.
33. Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Soft Machine, are 3 groups I admire.
34. I like fountain pens.
35. And Moleskine notebooks.
36. I have been biting my nails all my life.
37. I like black licorice.
38. I used to adamantly fight routine in my life.
40. I’ve visited the West Coast [Los Angeles area] and I like it better than the East coast.
41. I love art, in ALL forms, but mostly drawing, painting, and photography.
42. I love the ocean, its smell and noise.
43. I love nature, its smells and noises.
44. I like perfumes
45. I watch TV with closed captions: that has helped me with my English.
46. I learned how to drive in Italy on stick shift cars.
48. I am allergic to bee sting.
49. I like old books.
50. Particularly if they are kids books.
51. I love mushrooms.
52. … and black olives.
53. I’m a big fan of Olive Garden food.
54. My favorite non-alcoholic drink is Mountain Dew.
55. My favorite drink with alcohol is wine.
56. Particularly Lambrusco.
58. I wish I could create/run a daycare for cats and dogs.
59. I like bright colors.
60. I have a passion for designer purses.
61. I like to take pictures.
62. I like to paint.
63. I like to draw.
64. I took my first piano lessons when I was 8 years old. Played for the following 10-15 years.
65. I don’t play anymore.
66. I played classical music.
68. I like to smell books. Some smell better than others.
69. I like reading people blogs.
70. I love to eat watermelon with a spoon.
71. I warm up my milk before putting cereals in it. Can’t stand cold milk. I think it’s an European thing.
72. I once lost 30 lb. on Weight Watchers.
73. I have a hard time losing weight now.
74. I like Toyota cars; I would like to own a Prius..
75. I have gray eyes.
76. My favorite number is 8.
78. I love to sleep.
79. I like mermaids
80. People who are rude and disrespectful get on my last nerves.
81. Liars run a close second.
82. My years of working with the public made me conclude that most people are crazy.
83. And bitchy and impatient and dishonest.
84. I laugh a lot.
85. My pets have a lot to do with it.
86. Medication helps, too.
87. I like cherries.
89. I prefer cold weather.
90. I like being in my pajama.
91. I love to wear comfy, cushiony slippers.
92. I like Chinotto.
93. And Cedrata Tassoni.
94. I would love to swim with dolphins.
95. I am scared when flying on an airplane, but with the right pill I actually enjoy it.
96. Favorite day of the week: Sunday [I do not work on Mondays].
98. But lately I began liking pink too.
99. I have a green card.
100.I can’t believe I just listed 100 things about me.